James O’Halloran is an Australian model and actor who won the first-ever nationwide search for a male model on ‘The Price is Right’ hosted by Drew Carey.
O’Halloran began his acting career in Australia starring on Never Tear us Apart, Offspring, and Twenty Something.
He was born on October 20, 1984, in Australia.
After winning the Male Model Search, O’Halloran joined ”The Price Is Right” in 2014. ”The Price Is Right” is a television game show franchise in which the contestants compete to win prizes and cash by guessing the pricing of merchandise.
James became the 2nd male model of The Price Is Right, beating fellow finalists Jonathan Morgan and Jay Byars.
During an interview, he said:
“I spent four years studying industrial design and worked three years in the industry.”
James went on to say:
“But I was taking nighttime acting classes. Then, in the midst of a global recession, I quit my job to become a model. I think it worked out for me so far!”
O’Halloran began his acting career in Australia appearing in:
- ”Never Tear us Apart: The INXS Story,” a two-part Australian miniseries that was originally telecast on February 9, 2014; the miniseries is about the rock band INXS;
- ”Offspring and Offspring,” an Australian television comedy-drama program that mixes conventional narrative comedy and drama with graphic animations, flashbacks, and fantasy sequences; ”Offspring and Offspring” is filmed in Melbourne’s inner north. The show centered on obstetrician Nina Proudman and her close friends and family, as they navigate their present life; it premiered on Network Ten on August 15, 2010;
- Twenty Something.
Moreover, James played lead roles in feature films Deadly Crush and Cynthia.
In addition, O’Halloran starred in The Late Late Show, an American late-night talk show which was hosted by Scottish American comedian Craig Ferguson. The last episode of The Late Late Show aired on December 19, 2014.
He currently resides in Los Angeles.
On December 18, 2016, James got married to Jaimee Gooley. She received a degree in dietetics and nutrition from Monash University in Melbourne, one of Australia’s leading universities. It ranks among the world’s top 100.
In 2014, she moved to Los Angeles. Currently, Jaimee works are at Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders Santa Monica.
On her website, she describes herself:
”My mission as a nutrition professional is to help my clients develop a healthy and balanced relationship with food and to learn to honor and trust their bodies.”
James and his fiancée met at the Melbourne Cup in Australia – the most famous annual Thoroughbred horse race. Melbourne Cup in Australia is a 3200-meter race for 3-year-olds and over. In 2016, it was held before a crowd of around 100,000 people.
“We met at the Melbourne Cup in Australia. It’s a huge horse racing event, and everyone dresses up in their finest attire.”
James later added:
”A drunk guy (not me) kept unwelcomely approaching Jaimee, so she turned to me and said, ‘Save me from him.’ The rest is history.”
When they got married, James wrote on his Twitter account:
— James O'Halloran (@JimmyJamesOH) December 22, 2016
”The most meaningful and memorable day of my life. Celebrating my love for my wife, Mrs Jaimee Gooley/ O’Halloran.”
James is 6′ 0¾” (1.85 meters) tall.
”Sarcasm is the best.”
”Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.”
”Working on a new feature film which unfortunately due to the confidentiality agreement I can say much about… other than it’s going to be a lot of fun!”
Outside of modeling and acting, James loves getting his hands dirty while working with several types of machinery and animals. He also enjoys horseback riding, surfing, and swimming.
When asked about what is his favorite method to relax, James responded:
”The perfect way to relax at the end to the day is a beer on my rooftop watching the sun set… or if it’s too early for that, a swim in the ocean, a good massage, or playing my guitar.”
O’Halloran has guest starred in:
- Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, an American police procedural series which is actually a spin-off from original series, Criminal Minds. It is produced by The Mark Gordon Company in association with ABC Studios and CBS Television Studios. It was created by Erica Messer that aired on CBS from March 16, 2016, to May 17, 2017.
- The Catch, an American comedy-drama television series which premiered on May 12, 2016, and was renewed for a second season. Julie Anne Robinson directed the pilot episode and served as an executive producer. The executive producer was Betsy Beers and Shonda Rhimes. In addition, it was developed by Allan Heinberg. Some of the stars of the series are – Peter Krause and Mireille Enos.
- The Talk with Sharon Osbourne, an American talk show that was created by actress Sara Gilbert. It debuted on October 18, 2010, as part of CBS.
- The Young and the Restless, an American television soap opera which was created by Lee Phillip Bell and William J. Bell for CBS. In April 2019, it was renewed for the 2019–20 US network television schedule. Since its debut, the soap opera has won 10 Daytime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Drama Series.
In an interview with Soap Opera Network, James revealed that his appearance on “The Young and the Restless” marks the 1st time he has ever been on the set of an American soap opera.
View this post on Instagram
Checkout #suburbanswingersclub on @lifetimetv link in bio… They call him Noah cause he owns no a shirts. #Repost @lifetimetv ・・・ You’ve never been welcomed to the neighborhood like this before 😘. Watch the premiere of #SuburbanSwingersClub Saturday at 8/7c. . . . . . #lifetimemovies #tv #movies #movie #monday #mondaymotivation
Before becoming an actor, James was an industrial designer.
O’Halloran earned most of his wealth from working on the television game show – ”The Price is Right.” His salary there was not released to the public, but a model that works for ”The Price is Right” earns around $120,000 per year.
Moreover, O’Halloran has starred in several movies and TV shows. Therefore, James O’Halloran has an estimated net worth of $1.9 million.