John “Swifty” Pyle is a YouTube gaming and Twitch streamer phenomenon.
He was born on April 8, 1980, in San Juan, Puerto Rico. John has a sister named Cathy.
Pyle was a pro skater until a motorcycle accident left him no longer able to compete professionally. After his motorcycle accident, John became an avid PC gamer and WoW player.
John created what would become his main channel on June 7, 2006. His main YouTube channel has more than 703,000 subscribers.
On his YouTube channel, Swifty promotes a healthy lifestyle, that makes him a great figure to look up to. Also, he made numerous videos showing Wow tricks with his warrior as well as duels with other top warriors.
On June 3, 2011, he started his second YouTube channel, titled ”swiftyirl.” This channel has over 238,000 subscribers.
In 2011, Pyle, along with numerous other players, were banned due to server disruption violations during one of John’s live streams which crashed a WoW server.
Being the World of Warcraft gamer celebrity that he is, his stream attracts thousands of viewers. People flocked to the server, and the disruptions began (people spammed emotes). A number of players, including John, were banned by Blizzard.
Over the course of the day, Blizzard reviewed the information and decided to unban Pyle. It seems that John, while at the center of the controversy, didn’t do anything wrong.
Bashiok (real name Micah Whipple – a Blizzard employee and Community Manager) said about Pyle’s unbanning:
”It looks like there’s some confusion regarding our original message — in large part due to some poor word choice. Just to clarify, the decision to change some of the bans to suspensions was actually a correction, not an exception.”
”We reviewed the activity and felt that based on the evidence, the original decision to roll out the ban hammer was incorrect, and the appropriate action, for those bans that were undone, would have been to issue a suspension.”
Twitch is a live-streaming video platform that was purchased by Amazon for $970 million back in September 2014. Since then, many gamers have taken to the platform to share their craft with the gaming world.
Pyle also has a Twitch channel with over 495,000 followers.
He streams titles such as:
- World of Warcraft (the 4th released game set in the Warcraft fantasy universe. It takes place within the Warcraft world of Azeroth, about 4 years after the events at the conclusion of Blizzard’s previous Warcraft release, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne);
- Call of Duty (a first-person shooter video game franchise which started in 2003);
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (a multiplayer first-person shooter video game which was developed by Hidden Path Entertainment and Valve Corporation);
- Grand Theft Auto (an action-adventure video game series that was created by David Jones and Mike Dailly);
- The Witcher (an action role-playing game which was developed by CD Projekt Red and published by Atari, based on the novel series of The Witcher by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski);
- Battlefield (a series of first-person shooter video games which started out on Microsoft Windows and OS X with Battlefield 1942);
- Minecraft (a sandbox video game that was created by Swedish game developer Markus Persson and released by Mojang in 2011. Minecraft allows players to build numerous different blocks in a 3D procedurally generated world).
He often hosts Razer product giveaways on his Twitch streams.
READ MORE: Biography of Doug Polk
Swifty used to date Azi.
However, in 2013, they broke up.
Pyle partnered with Nvidia, an American technology company incorporated in Delaware and based in Santa Clara, California. The main business focus of Nvidia Corporation spans the segments of PC graphics.
Nvidia revolutionized gaming in 1999 with the release of GeForce, one of the leading brands of graphics processing units. Since 2014, the company has shifted to become a platform company focused on four markets – professional visualization, gaming, auto, and data centers. Nvidia is also now focused on artificial intelligence.
John filmed alongside his brother Jay and father for a foundation for fatherless kids.
READ MORE: Asian Andy Net Worth
Swifty – Net Worth
John earns most of his wealth from advertisements on his YouTube channels. Earnings on YouTube are hard to calculate, but for every thousand impressions of the ad that is played per video, the Youtuber will get paid a certain amount of money. It can range between 1 and five dollars. More exactly, a million views on a video might equate to something between $1,000 to $5,000. From YouTube ads, Pyle earned around $550,000.
In addition to YouTube, John streams on Twitch. On Twitch, a streamer can earn in several ways. One method is donations from viewers. During a live-stream, he accidentally revealed his total donations – almost $180,000.
Another way to earn money on Twitch is subscriptions. Typically, 50% of this goes to Twitch, however, top streamers get a better deal of 70/30. There are also ads on Twitch videos.
Moreover, he is sponsored by Razer USD Ltd and sells merchandise (especially T-shirts). Therefore, Swifty has an estimated net worth of $1 million.
READ THIS NEXT: Who is Ricky Gutierrez?